Wellness in the Community
We are committed to running Wellness Workshops in every community in Ireland. These workshops aim to help you understand, take charge of and take responsibility of your own mental health. The workshop can be of benefit to anyone who is interested in mental health and wellness.
Workshops are informal and relaxed. They are facilitated by people with both lived life experience of mental health difficulties, and people with experience of working in various mental health arenas. They combine personal testimony with practical tools and tips that you can use in your everyday life to improve your own wellness.
Areas like relaxation and stress management, the relationship between thoughts and emotions and how to develop a wellness toolkit and daily wellness plan are some of the topics covered during the one day Wellness Workshop. A full comprehensive Wellness Workbook to support you in maintaining your daily wellness is included in the workshop on the day.
Through collaboration with many amazing agencies and communities around the country, we have run 170 Wellness Workshops to date throughout Ireland. The Workshops have been evaluated by Trinity College Dublin, who captured the many voices of the participants throughout the nation (* You can read the Wellness Workshop Evaluation Key Findings here) Participants found the workshops to be very useful and have given clear examples of how they were able to incorporate the skills and tools learned from the workshop into their everyday lives, and how they passed along skills and information to family and friends.
Participants also described the atmosphere created within a workshop as one of honesty, openness and inclusiveness, helping to normalise experiences of mental distress, raise awareness of mental health, and in turn giving a greater understanding of suicide.
Currently places are fully funded by the National Office of Suicide Prevention, our wonderful donors and our incredible fundraisers, making our Wellness Workshops accessible to everyone.
Confirmed Wellness Workshop Dates for 2016
Please see below for details for confirmed workshop dates. To book a place please call Jacqui or Lisa on 1890 577 577 or email us you phone number and we’ll call you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|Date||County||Location||How to book|
|27/05/16||Wexford||Gorey Methodist Church, Gorey, Co. Wexford||Email us your phone number|
|09/06/16||Offaly||Tubber GAA Club, Tubber, Co Offaly||Click here to book your place|
|14/06/16||Kilkenny||Butts Neighbourhood Centre, Butts Green, Kilkenny||Click here to book your place|
|23/06/16||Meath||Ardboyne Hotel, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath||Click here to book your place|
|02/07/16||Dublin||Scoil Cholmcille Senior N.S., Ballybrack, Co. Dublin||Click here to book your place|
You may also like to take a look at our online Wellness Workshop,which is a fantastic resource, easy to use and accessible any time – www.wellnessworkshop.ie
Testimonials from Wellness Workshop participants:
- “I so enjoyed the day and learned so much. Loved the presentations each and every one. Felt humbled to hear the personal life stories”
- All the facilitators were excellent most helpful, It was obvious they were speaking from experience. It was such a positive day, very uplifting we all got a laugh and that was therapeutic”
- “I thought there was excellent balance to the presentation from very deep issues to great fun, well done and thank you”
- As this was the first workshop I attended I came very open minded and I really am very impressed by all the material covered and particularly the means and how it is delivered. Excellent speakers”
- “Think that ye have created a good space to help people explore their own health and ways they may change their lives. May be a way to motivate people to be different in our lives”
- “Well done this workshop is a great service to the community”
- “All sessions were excellent as drawn from real life – extremely beneficial. I am leaving Galway today inspired. Keep up the great work”