Watch our Supporters Programme Video!
What is the Supporters Programme?
This programme teaches supporters practical skills they can use to support others, it gives information on what supports are available and how they can be accessed, and teaches practical ways of looking after your own mental health.
Why the Supporters Programme?
Suicide or Survive recognises and understands that supporting someone who is struggling with their mental health can be challenging. For this reason we have developed a new and innovative programme for people supporting family members, friends, neighbours, work colleagues, people in their community and others who are struggling with their mental health. It is the first of its kind in Ireland.
Attending the Supporters Programme?
The programme is being offered at a cost of €75 per participant for the 2.5 days, which includes 2 facilitators on each day, all programme materials, tea/ coffee and lunch. We are happy to discuss a reduction in the fee if cost is a difficulty for you. We receive funding for these programmes through our fantastic funders the National Office for Suicide Prevention, the Iris O’Brien Foundation and our own fundraisers, which allows us to deliver the programme at a significantly reduced cost.
CLICK BELOW TO SEND AN EMAIL FOR INFORMATION:
Please read our cancellation policy below
Suicide or Survive is delighted to be in a position to offer the below Supporters Programmes around the country.
To apply for a place on any of these Supporters Programme please contact Catherine on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1890 577 577. Places are limited to 16 so early application is advisable.
If you don’t see dates or locations below that suit please register your interest here: here.
Current Supporters Programmes for 2018:
- Co. Dublin, Shankill – Stonebridge Community Facility, Shankill, Co. Dublin on Saturday’s 3rd, 10th & 17th of February. To apply for this programme please email email@example.com or phone: 012722158 for an application form.
- Dublin 2 – Carmelite Centre, Aungier St. Dublin 2 on Friday’s 9th , 16th and 23rd of March. To apply for this programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 012722158 for an application form.
- Dublin 2 – St. Andrew’s, Pearse Street, Dublin 2 on Wednesday’s 11th 18th and 25th of April. To apply for this programme please email email@example.com or phone: 012722158 for an application form.
- Kildare – The Acre, Celbridge, Kildare on Saturday’s 12th 19th and 21st of May. To apply for this programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 012722158 for an application form.
Completed Supporter Programmes from 2017:
- Waterford – The Park Hotel, Dungarvan, Co Waterford on Fridays 3rd, 10th & 17th November 2017 (Places on this Programme are paid for through the funds raised by Liam Brazil and the people of Waterford) – Completed
- North Tipperary – North Tipperary Leader Partnership Kickham Street, Thurles, Co. Tipperary on Monday’s 13th 20th & 27th November 2017 (Applicants must meet the specific criteria as stated by Leader Partnership Funding – contact SOS for more info) – Completed
The programme runs over 2 ½ days over a 3 week period and participants will take away:
- Practical tips and tools they can use to look after their own mental health while supporting others
- The support skills of connecting, empowering and supporting movement
- Advocacy skills
The Supporters Programme is in line with Strategic Goals 1 and 3 of Connecting for Life: Goal 1: To improve the nation’s understanding of, and attitudes to, suicidal behaviour, mental health and wellbeing; Goal 3: To target approaches to reduce suicidal behaviour and improve mental health among priority groups. This programme is run to the highest standards of practice and service delivery and is underpinned by an evaluation framework as required by ‘Connecting for Life’.
For Information on Ireland’s National Suicide Prevention Strategy use the link below: