Taking a positive approach to a mental health strategy is not just a good HR initiative, it is an essential part of running a successful and profitable business. Mental Health plays a vital role in the productivity, functionality and overall wellbeing of individuals and teams.
At Suicide or Survive, we work with organisations to open the conversation around mental health and to introduce staff and management to the positive benefits of taking personal responsibility for their own wellness. Our programmes help break the stigma that stops people from seeking help when they struggle.
The SOS Wellness programmes have been independently assessed by Trinity College and are endorsed by the HSE.
So whether your company has an existing wellness programme, or you are just starting the journey, our team can tailor a plan to suit your organisation’s needs. We can help you build on the foundations already in place, identify any gaps and address any areas for improvement.
This is a fast paced, information rich and fun seminar. It helps to create a common language around mental health in the organisation making it easier for people to be open and seek help when they are struggling.
This short engaging session covers;
- Addressing issues such as stress and how your thinking impacts your mental health
- Becoming aware of our daily thoughts and moods
- Taking personal responsibility for managing your own mental health
- How and when to seek help.
This half-day workshop affords the opportunity for staff and management to grow their own knowledge of wellness in a familiar environment, it gives attendees a deeper level of understanding of:
- How to monitor and manage their own wellness
- The importance of our thoughts and how they drive our moods
- How to critically assess how they are thinking so they can change some of the negative thought patterns that impact on their wellness
- Mindfulness and how it reduces stress if used on a daily basis
- Taking personal responsibility for maintaining a positive mental health
- How to seek help before a challenge becomes a crisis
Interaction and group discussion (on a no pressure basis) is a major part of the workshop.
This Workplace Wellness programme equips Managers and Team Leaders with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to be more effective in dealing with the issue of mental health in the workplace.
This half-day open and inclusive workshop covers:
- Opening the conversation around mental health
- How to support a team member who’s struggling
- Reducing stigma in the workplace
- Legislation in relation to workplace mental health
- How to provide reasonable accommodation
- The role of the manager/ team leader in supporting and signposting
- Understanding the relationship between mental wellbeing, employee engagement and increased productivity
SOS offers continuing support to our Corporate partners building on existing programmes and maintaining Workplace Wellness. We have a number of short seminars and webinars that can continue your companies journey.
Finding the Balance in Everyday Life
Sometimes with the hectic pace of life we can find ourselves feeling out of kilter or off balance, like something’s not quite right. In this practical session participants will learn how to check in and identify the areas of their lives that need attention. This will allow them to take action to achieve balance and maintain their wellness.
Dealing with the Dips and the Down Days
Everyone can feel down or can have a dip in their mental health. This thought provoking and engaging session demystifies the dips. It provides practical tools that participants can use to identify when their mood is dipping and provides tips on how they can help themselves when their mood is low.
Silencing the Inner Critic
Often the greatest obstacle to achieving happiness and wellbeing is ourselves. Self-judgment and self-criticism along with fears about what others will think get in our way. This simple but powerful session teaches how to accept yourself and silence that inner critic so that you can live as your best version of you.
How to Stop Feeding the Fear
Fear can literally take your breath away. In this practical and effective session the SOS team will share cutting edge thinking along with their own experience and expertise on how to identify and deal with the anxiety that can stop us in our tracks, stifle our creativity and prevent us from living life to its fullest.
These SOS facilitated sessions provide a safe space where groups of managers/ team leaders get together to share their experience of supporting staff members. The group can learn from each other and get support from our team around implementing their learnings from the Managers Workshop.
These Support and Skill Development Sessions will:
- Enhance the skills of managers/ team leaders in supporting staff
- Improve the level of collegiality and team work among managers/ team leaders
- Deepen the cultural shift around mental health
- Increase the return on investment in the area of mental health for the organisation
We recommend that these sessions occur on a quarterly basis to have the most impact.
Download our brochure here:
The Corporate Programmes are in line with Strategic Goals 1 and 3 of Connecting for Life: Goal 1: To improve the nation’s understanding of, and attitudes to, suicidal behaviour, mental health and wellbeing; Goal 3: To target approaches to reduce suicidal behaviour and improve mental health among priority groups. These programmes are run to the highest standards of practice and service delivery and is underpinned by an evaluation framework as required by ‘Connecting for Life’.
For Information on Irelands National Suicide Prevention Strategy use the link below: